If you want to surprise your family and friends with an amazing cake called cherry clafoutis keep reading.
I actually got this recipe from a very special person. A friend of mine invited me once to his grandma’s, for a ”goûter”, a nice five o’clock tea à la française. She is the old woman who saw all and knows it all 🙂
My mouth was full of joy when I tasted her amazing cake, cherry clafoutis. I couldn’t resist to ask her how she made it and… she gave me her secret(?) recipe. I was so happy and made it the following day.
I’m sharing here her family secret with you.
For a 6 servings delicious Cherry Clafoutis, you’ll need:
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour (=60 g)
- ½ tea spoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of granulated sugar (= 100 g)
- 2 ¾ cups of cherries, pitted
- 3 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 165°C (325°F) and grease a baking pan with the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla extract. Add the flour and the salt. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking dish as it should cover the bottom of the pan and try to arrange so-so the 2 cups of pitted cherries over the set batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter and place the ¾ cup remaining cherries over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the surface of the cherry clafoutis has a golden brown color. Also, if you want to know if your clafoutis is ready (or any cake on that matter said grand-ma), simply insert a knife into the cake and it should come out clean.
- Put the pan on a rack and sprinkle the cake with raw sugar. There are several suggestions then: serving it warm with vanilla ice cream alongside or let cool the clafoutis and pass some whipped cream at the table.
Bon Appétit !